Summary: Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience as a UX Designer with a knack of writing strong and engaging UX copy of various types of digital products
Job title: UX Writer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
- We are proud to be certified as “Great Place to Work, Canada”
- TheAppLabb is a leading product innovation firm, focused on the strategy, design, and development of cutting-edge apps.
- TheAppLabb comprehensive 360-degree product development process includes ideation, research, app strategy, design, development, maintenance, and customer acquisition.
- Through its R&D division, TheAppLabb builds solutions with emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Blockchain.
- Through its Incubator, TheAppLabb actively invests in start-ups & helps them with product development and corporate development
- TheAppLabb has developed mobile apps for top brands such as Suncor, Gateway Casinos, JBS, Unilever, Samsung, Dell, Electrolux, Frigidaire, RBC, Hudson’s Bay, Teknion, Toronto International Film Festival, Canadian International Auto Show, Rapala, Park N Fly, Banff World Media Festival, Ontario Real Estate Association, etc.
This role will be part of our young and dynamic design team. We are a leader when it comes to exceptional digital experiences with focus on end users. The UX Writer role will help our team to build empathetic, intuitive, and delightful experiences for our users.
- To deliver the end-to-end messaging of a digital product from onboarding screens, product pages, status messages and emails
- Write thoughtful, helpful UX copy: headings, labels, explanatory copy, calls to action, error messages - anything that helps customers complete tasks
- To create a content strategy that guides the user through the digital experience in an intuitive manner, building a bridge between the user needs and the company goals
- To help create the brand or product voice across multiple projects spanning throughout multiple industries
- To create a content style guide - potentially a company-wide document outlining the writing principles and guidelines for the copy and content for different kinds of digital interfaces
- To be a collaborative player in our product design team and help create our products from the outset while focusing on improving the UX through the use or clear and concise copy
- Creating a long-term strategy for content
- Portfolio of UX writing samples (or relevant writing), plus the ability to walk us through your process and decision making
- Other duties, as assigned
Formal Education or Equivalent
- Post-secondary or higher in English, Journalism, or relevant field
Years of Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience as a UX Designer with a knack of writing strong and engaging UX copy of various types of digital products
- Strong strategic, creative, and conceptual abilities as demonstrated by an outstanding portfolio
- Adept at synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to guide editorial recommendations and content
- Empathetic and critical thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Keynote
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in creating copy in a variety of different formats, from microcopy to long-form
- Ability to iterate with copy
- Ability to turn “business centric language” into a more friendly tone for the customer
- Experience in conducting research, understanding best UX practices, and creating entire user experiences from end-to-end
- An understanding of product design and how that relates to business strategy
Why should you be part of TheAppLabb Family?
Because we know your worth, we offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- Extended Health benefits and Dental Care.
- Vision Care.
- Life insurance (dependent included)
- Counselling Services (Workplace Advisor)
Because we care about your mental health, we offer you:
- Flexible work environment.
- Hybrid and remote work available
- To keep the fun on, we have Virtual team building activities (Bi-weekly socials, Monthly town halls, etc.)
At TheAppLabb, we believe diversity is a strength we cultivate. Our work environment welcomes equity, inclusiveness, and diversity by providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process or during your employment here. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. All qualified applicants are welcome to participate.
We would love to hear from you! What are you waiting for? Apply now!